Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Today is a very sad day. My great uncle after battling with cancer for 10 years, and 5 seperate chemo-therapy sessions over the years, has finally passed away. Had we not know on such short notice my father and I would have been on a plane to New Orleans, but there is only 1 day for the wake and then the funeral afterwards. Freddie Palumbo was a very kind man and I will miss him greatly. After him my father, my brother and I carry on the name of Palumbo. It's been happening so often lately that I'm really starting to realize the shifting of the generations...

"Why do people have to die?"
"To make life worth living. ANd it sounds like your aunt did just that. A life well-lived. That's the most any of us can hope for"
-Six Feet Under

"You know what I find interesting? If you lose a spouse, you're called a widow, or a widower. If you're a child and you lose your parents, then you're an orphan. But what's the word to describe a parent who loses a child? I guess that's just too fucking awful to even have a name. " -Six Feet Under

No comments: