Thursday, July 29, 2004

As if this wasn't enough, here's my favorite list of quotes I'm glad they didn't use in The Lord Of The Rings movies.

Witch-king: Mordor, we have a problem.
Apollo 13

Sauron to Saruman: You're not quite evil enough. You're semi-evil. You're quasi-evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil, just one calorie, not evil enough.
Austin Powers

Aragorn (after decapitating Lurtz): Not the time to lose one's head.
Legolas: No.
Aragorn: That's not the way to get ahead in life.
Legolas: No.
Aragorn: It's a shame he wasn't more headstrong.
Legolas: Hmm.
Aragorn: He'll never be the head of a major corporation.
Legolas: Okay, that'll do.
Aragorn: Okay.
Austin Powers

Gandalf in Moria: I just want to apologize to Sam's mom, and Pippin's mom, and Merry’s mom. I am so sorry! Because it was my fault. I was the one who brought them here. I was the one that said ‘keep going South.’ I was the one who said that we were not lost. It was my fault, because it was my project. I am so scared! I know what's out there. We are going to die out here! I am so scared!
The Blair Witch Project
 
Boromir (in Moria re cave troll): Of all the places in all the mountains in all the world, it walks into a mine.
Casablanca
 
Frodo to Boromir: There's only two people I trust. One is me. The other is not you.
Con Air

Galadriel to Frodo: It's like looking in a mirror. Only... not.
Face/Off
 
Frodo to Boromir: You want the Ring... YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE RING
A Few Good Men

Sauron to Saruman: Those orcs you sold me,they won't mate. They just walk around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer orcs. I want my money back.
Gladiator
 
Strider to Pippin: How'd you like them apples?
Good Will Hunting

Aragorn: Nazgûl. I hate these guys.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
 
Aragorn to Frodo after Moria: Are you crying?! Are you crying?! There's no crying on this quest!
A League Of Their Own
 
Elrond: Men? Men are weak. The race of men is failing. The blood of Numenor is all but spent. It's pride and dignity forgotten. It is because of men the ring survives. I'd like to share a revelation during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify their species. I realized that they're not actually mammals. Every mammal in Middle Earth instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but men do not. They move to an area and they multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way they can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism in Middle Earth that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Men are a disease, a cancer of this Middle Earth. They are a plague, and we are the cure. I'm going to be honest with you. I hate this place, this zoo, this prison, this reality, whatever you want to call it. I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste Isildur’s stink. And every time I do I feel I have somehow been infected by it. It's repulsive, isn't it? I must get out of here. I must get free. When’s the next ferry to Valinor?
The Matrix
 
Gandalf (in Moria): It reads 'Here may be found the last words of aaarrrggghhhh....
'Monty Python And The Holy Grail
 
Aragorn: Hand me my sword.Boromir: Which one is it?Aragorn: It's the one with ‘bad !!!!!!!!!!!!’ written on it. In Elvish.
Pulp Fiction
 
Legolas (looking at the orcs outside Helm’s Deep): How many?
Aragorn: 10,000.
Aragorn: 10,000?
Haldir: (further away) How many?
Legolas: 50! (to Aragorn) He can't count anyway.
Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves
 
Aragorn: Oh my God. They killed Gandalf. You  bastards!
South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut
 
Frodo looking in Galadriels mirror: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
Spaceballs
 
Frodo: They call me Mr. Frodo
Unbreakable
 
Frodo: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sam: Why not?
Frodo: What I'm saying is and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form is that hobbit-hole owners and gardeners can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sam: That's not true. I have a number of hobbit-hole owner friends and there is no sex involved.
Frodo: No you don't.
Sam: Yes I do.
Frodo: No you don't.
Sam: Yes I do.
Frodo: You only think you do.
Sam: You say I'm having sex with these hobbits without my knowledge?
Frodo: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sam: They do not!
Frodo: Do too.
Sam: They do not.
Frodo: Do too.
Sam: How do you know?
Frodo: Because no hobbit-hole owner can be friends with a gardener that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with him.
Sam: So, you're saying that a hobbit-hole owner can be friends with a gardener he finds unattractive?
Frodo: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sam: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Frodo: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Sam: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Frodo: I guess not.
Sam: That's too bad. You were the only person I knew in Mordor.
When Harry Met Sally

No comments: