Thursday, September 02, 2004

This was funny as hell.

The Foundations Of The Ladder

Now I don't mean to get off on a rant here but...

I keep hearing lots of guys lately talking about one night stands. These guys who are like 'Yeah I had so many one night stands.' That shit isn't a boast, it's a cry for help. It's like, dude, if that shit was REALLY fun and that good you would have stayed with her and not needed to pick up another lady. By boasting , you're saying 'LOOK HOW I HAVE TO KEEP DOING THIS OVER AND OVER BECAUSE I AM NEVER SATISFIED BY IT!' Talk about being addicted to a behavior which clearly doesn't solve your problems and creates lots of problems for bitches dumb enough to go with you. Dicks.

The difference between me and a player is, players are guys who got hurt and now they're like "Well, SHE hurt me (way back when) so now YOU'RE going to pay for it, ho."
But me, I'm like
"Well, she hurt me (way back when) so I know how crappy it feels and I DON'T want to make anyone feel like that."

I'm a kind-hearted motherfucker that way. :P

But on the other hand, players aren't the one-dimensional predators that they often are seen as. I think they have valuable lessons to teach us. Such lessons as, 'rejection isn't shit,' and 'let the person know early on that you are interested in them as more than just a friend, so you don't waste months of your dumb life.' These are lessons both men and women can benefit from!

Also, in a way, pick-up artists are saying what feminists have been saying for a long time: that women have a sex drive equal to men, and that the 'promiscuous girls are sluts / but guys are awesome players' sexual double standard hurts everyone.

Obviously it hurts the women. But every guy that has felt teased or manipulated, chances are HE'S a victim too. Because women can't directly come out and say they want sex, but their bodies are pretty much demanding it, THAT'S why a lot of women do all this coy bullshit you hear so many guys going mad over. They're caught in a soul-crushing lifelong conundrum and they have to finesse it by all sorts of circumlocutions, manipulations, distortions and also the old standby: lying to themselves.

And a lot of the fine 'pick up girls' literature has to do with basically convincing the woman that -- look, stop lying to yourself AND me. You are as horny as a guy. You can either admit it and have awesome sex, or you can keep being under the repressive thumb of this sexist double standard forever. Which is more fun?

But I still can't get past understanding the 'YOU BITCHES ARE ALL LIARS AND I'LL SHOW YOU, I'LL SHOW YOU ALL!!!' sociopathic bitterness though. Some guys are mad wacked.

Yep. *End of rant.*

No comments: