Tuesday, October 26, 2004

So today is the day I find out. I've worked the past three years as an intern at American International Group. After my first summer the other interns were all not renewed, and only I was, with a paid raise every year. Sounds like a familiar situation. The same thing happened in college at my work study job. I was going to school full time and working for the Computer Services Group, and after one semester they fired the other two work studies, kept me on and gave me a raise.

My credentials are sparkling as a new graduate, my experience intimidating. Today is the day I find out if I'll get a full-time job with AIG. I don't know what to think, and I'm not daring to hope. If I get it, it will be great and I will be overjoyed. If not life will go on, and I'll travel down a different path if I must. The path is not as important as the goals it leads me to. As a wise and elderly (beyond any human's years) man once said "Even the wise cannot see all ends." Please keep my in your prayers today friends. I'm going to need them and I'm definitely climbing up the walls.

No comments: