So I saw something new down in the cafeteria this morning. No sooner did Coke sweetened with Splenda arrive then a new Coca-Cola product is on the market: Coca-Cola zero. Coke Zero is basically a different-tasting Coke than other Diet Coke. The drink will be sweetened partly with a blend of aspartame and acesulfame potassium. Aspartame is a key ingredient in Diet Coke, but a spokesman for the Atlanta-based company said Coca-Cola Zero will "have a unique taste." Sitting here sipping it, it tastes like regular coke without all the sugar. Not bad and a better calorie option as opposed to C2 coke which I did like but scoffed at 12g of sugar still with only 45 calories. If the sugar had been cut even more I'd have been satisfied.
And for your reading pleasure here's the Coca-Cola slogans over the years. My personal favorite is still Always Coca-Cola. And if I lived in 1907 I'm sure I'd be loving "Coca-Cola is full of vim, vigor and go - is a snappy drink."
* 1886 - Drink Coca-Cola.
* 1900 - Deliciously refreshing.
* 1900 - For headache and exhaustion, drink Coca-Cola.
* 1904 - Delicious and refreshing.
* 1904 - Coca-Cola ... satisfies.
* 1905 - Coca-Cola revives and sustains.
* 1905 - Wherever you go ... you will find Coca-Cola.
* 1906 - The drink of quality.
* 1906 - The great national temperance beverage.
* 1907 - Coca-Cola is full of vim, vigor and go - is a snappy drink.
* 1908 - Get the genuine.
* 1909 - Whenever you see an arrow, think of Coca-Cola.
* 1911 - Enjoy a glass of liquid laughter.
* 1917 - Three million a day.
* 1920 - Coca-Cola ... good things from 9 chimes poured into a single glass.
* 1922 - Thirst knows no season.
* 1923 - Enjoy thirst.
* 1925 - It has the charm of purity.
* 1925 - With a drink so good ... 'tis folly to be thirsty.
* 1925 - Six million a day.
* 1926 - Coca-Cola is the shortest distance between thirst and refreshment.
* 1927 - It had to be good to get where it is.
* 1927 - Around the corner from anywhere.
* 1927 - At the little red sign.
* 1928 - Coca-Cola ... pure drink of natural flavors.
* 1929 - The best served drink in the world.
* 1929 - The pause that refreshes.
* 1932 - Ice-cold sunshine.
* 1932 - Thirst come, thirst served.
* 1933 - Bounce back to normal.
* 1933 - Don't wear a tired, thirsty face.
* 1935 - Coca-Cola ... the pause that brings friends together.
* 1937 - America's favorite moment.
* 1938 - The best friend thirst ever had.
* 1938 - Thirst asks nothing more.
* 1939 - Coca-Cola goes along.
* 1939 - Coca-Cola has the taste thirst goes for.
* 1939 - Whoever you are, whatever you do, wherever you may be, when you think of refreshment, think of icecold Coca-Cola.
* 1940 - Within easy reach of your thirst.
* 1940 - America's year round answer to thirst.
* 1941 - Work refreshed.
* 1941 - Coca-Cola belongs.
* 1942 - The only thing like Coca-Cola is Coca-Cola itself.
* 1942 - Coca-Cola has that extra something.
* 1942 - The best is always the better buy.
* 1942 - It's the real thing.
* 1943 - Universal symbol of the American way of life ... Coca-Cola.
* 1943 - With a taste all its own.
* 1945 - The happy symbol of a friendly way of life.
* 1945 - Why grow thirsty?
* 1946 - The world's friendliest club ... admission 5¢.
* 1946 - Yes.
* 1947 - Coca-Cola ... continuous quality.
* 1947 - Continuous quality is quality you trust.
* 1947 - The quality of Coca-Cola is a friendly quality you can always trust.
* 1948 - Where there's Coke there's hospitality.
* 1949 - Coca-Cola ... along the highway to anywhere.
* 1950 - Thirst, too, seeks quality.
* 1951 - For home and hospitality.
* 1951 - You taste its quality.
* 1952 - What you want is a Coke.
* 1952 - Coke follows thirst everywhere.
* 1953 - Drive safely ... Drive refreshed.
* 1953 - Midsummer magic.
* 1955 - Bright and bracing as sunshine.
* 1956 - Coca-Cola ... makes good things taste better.
* 1956 - The friendliest drink on earth.
* 1956 - Gives a bright little life.
* 1956 - Coca-Cola puts you at your sparkling best.
* 1957 - Sign of good taste.
* 1958 - The cold, crisp taste of Coke.
* 1959 - Cheerful life of Coke.
* 1959 - Relax refreshed with ice-cold Coca-Cola.
* 1959 - Be really refreshed.
* 1959 - The cold, crisp taste that so deeply satisfies.
* 1961 - Coca-Cola refreshed you best.
* 1963 - The big bold taste that's always just right.
* 1963 - Things go better with Coke.
* 1963 - Go better refreshed.
* 1964 - Coca-Cola gives that special zing ... refreshed best.
* 1965 - Enjoy Coca-Cola.
* 1965 - For extra fun - take more than one! Take an extra carton of Coke!
* 1966 - Coca-Cola has the taste you never get tired of.
* 1968 - Tells your thirsty to go fly a kite.
* 1968 - Wave after wave - drink after drink.
* 1968 - For twice the convenience, bring home two cartons of Coke.
* 1968 - It's twice time.
* 1970 - It's the real thing.
* 1971 - I'd like to buy the world a Coke.
* 1972 - Coke ... goes with the good times.
* 1975 - Look up America, see what we've got.
* 1976 - Coke adds life.
* 1979 - Have a Coke and a smile.
* 1982 - Coke is it.
* 1985 - We've got a taste for you (new Coke). America's real choice (Coca-Cola Classic).
* 1986 - Catch the Wave (new Coke). Red, white and you (Coca-Cola Classic).
* 1988 - Can't beat the feeling (Coca-Cola Classic).
* 1989 - Can't beat the real thing (Coca-Cola Classic).
* 1991 - Can't beat the real thing (Coca-Cola Classic).
* 1992 - Can't beat the real thing.
* 1993 - Always Coca-Cola.
* 1999 - Enjoy
* 2001 - Life tastes Good
* 2002 - Reward your curiosity (Vanilla Coke)
* 2003 - Coke is Real
* 2005 - Chill!