Monday, November 03, 2003

Want to know why I love Mark Hammil? Ok yes he was Luke Skywalker, and I'm the biggest Star Wars fan out there, and yes my old screen name was Jediqr7p for a number of years, and I know way too much about the Star Wars Universe than any person should about one that doesn't even exists........

But Mark didn't just ride the coattails of the trilogy, he's been busy at work.

Hamill is 52 now and wants other parts of his resume to shine: the non-Jedi movies, his hundreds of cartoon voice-overs, his comic book work, the CD-ROMs and his Broadway stints. He wants to be known for more than just the guy with a light saber.

"It seems to me that it's semi-fraudulent for me to be still playing on it," he says. "It seems to me that I just owe the public new product. If I wanted to be a nostalgia artist, boy, I could embrace it wholeheartedly."

Hamill's newest product is "Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks," a two-actor comedy written by Richard Alfieri that co-stars Polly Bergen as a formidable Florida retiree who hires an acerbic dance instructor, played by Hamill, for six weeks of lessons.

Check it out!

I've seen many of the other things Mark has done, and it's always awesome to hear his voice in a cartoon or game. It just wouldn't be Star Wars without Luke Skywalker. I load up Star Wars Rebel Strike for Gamecube, and hearing and seeing Luke makes the story so much more involving. Yeah I'm a Star Wars geek...but I'm proud of it!

I love you Mark Hammil. You inspire me to no end.

I SALUTE YOU!

No comments: