Friday, February 27, 2004

Well the week of hell looks like it's just about over. I've got about another hour at work and I can go home and get out of my nice clothes. I had my senior picture taken today, and yesterday the presentation was aces. All aces baby. I'm starting to finally feel better again (I had an upper respiratory infection..again 2 weeks after the last), so maybe I won't perpetually be on antibiotics. Friday is here, and Happy Hour is only a few short hours away ;P Hopefully off to a part or 8 tonight, and then the Red House open house tommorrow night. Hopefully we can get a full house for next years housemates. I'd feel bad if we left and they had a lot of open spots. (There will be 11 empty rooms after this semester...10 now since my friend Zach is a definite on moving in.) Then an impromptu at the house party tommorrow night. I have the best time, and all my housemates agree, at our own Red House Parties, or just when we decide to party in one night. Carl's birthday weekend bash was one such night. Turned into a 90s dance party, and we all trudged to Kimmel at the end of the night as a HOUSE. Excellent night, and after one like it there's nothing you can't accomplish. Got my ticket confirmation a few days ago, it's final-I'll be in Florida exactly a week from today...even timewise! Woohoo YEAH! I can almost feel the warm 60s already lol. Also I might get to meet someone while I'm there who I've known for 3 years, but haven't ever met. I can't begin to say how excited I am about that. This might turn out to be an amazing Spring Break after all. Ride the highs, paddle like hell during the lows.

Going to see Passion Of the Christ tommorrow night with Zach and Bekkah. Hopefully Jay and Meg will tag along. I really am excited for this movie. Return of the King moved me in a way most movies don't. I get excited for some movies for the action, or for the story lines etc, even actors (ie Tom Hanks new movie this March!), but Return Of the King moved me much more deeply because of my connection with the book, JRR Tolkien, and most importantly its religious connections to Catholicism and Christianity. CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien both were Christians. Atheists actually, and in their search for Truth, they became believers. Tolkien actually brought Lewis back to his faith. The LOtR trilogy though moved me even in literary form, and watching the movies literally (no pun intended) took my breath away. There are very few movies that move me so deeply, I can only think of maybe 3 or 4 out of everything I've ever seen. Joe vs. the Volcano, (if you know me well or have had any discussion about it before, you'll know why), The Green Mile, and Short Circuit 2. There's specific reasons for each. Passion Of the Christ is more than a movie to me; it looks as if Passion will bolster my faith. The most graphic and effective way of getting an experience through to me is through film first, written word second, and orally third. Up until now I can only imagine what Jesus went through, I feel like it's my responsiblity to see it, no matter how horrific to truly understand the sacrifice involved. I have great expectations for Saturday. I'm not going into the theater with popcorn and soda. You shouldn't be eating while Jesus is starving and being tortured lol. I do not think he'd approve! Ok time to get back to the office...

No comments: