Monday, March 29, 2004

Had a really disturbing dream this morning, that was all had in the space of 20 minutes, but was one of the most vivid ones I've ever had. I was sitting in our kitchen at home in New Jersey, and all of a sudden I see a helicopter and three men rappeling down to the ground. There is some huge box attached to a cable, and once they hit the ground they keep jumping up trying to help steer it to the ground on the huge cable it's attached to. They finally do, and they remove some vehicle from it, and all jump on board. About this time large trucks, huge tanks that look like ATVs or sandcrawlers start tearing across my backyard. They're taller than 3-4 storied buildings, and plow over the edge of my forest and into it. Suddenly there are vehicles everywhere, soldiers running. What looks like a mobile missile launcher drives by, and I hear gunfire in the distance. Soon rockets are firing in the air, and bullets are flying everywhere, richocheting off of walls. My parents and I run outside into an abandoned truck and begin to drive. Complete and utter pandemonium everywhere. Children are crying for their parents, covered in mud, soot, and ash. Bombs are dropping, and the neighborhood looks nothing like it had minutes earlier. We stop to pick up a young boy and girl, who apparently we know, and continue on. We top the rise of a hill, and all I can see is legions of soldiers marching as rockets fly into the air. The sky is blood red, and the sun is a dull glow in the afternoon sky. That's when I woke up. Quite a dream, and I don't know what to make of it. I don't think until that moment I ever really thought about what it would be like to fight a war on home soil.

Oh well. Time to get back to the massive amounts of work I've got this week. I feel like I want to break something. Bad. Now. :(

No comments: