Wednesday, October 19, 2005

There were some pictures of the XBox 360 Dev kit posted awhile back, and people are speculating like crazy that the power-supply unit (PSU) is going to be the one pictured. It's HUGE...about as wide as a brick and longer. I believe it houses a fan in it. An external PSU also allows for a smaller/slimmer console. I think personally it's a great idea, and since it will be housed in an entertainment center etc, it won't be anywhere near my 360. But the comments on this post CRACKED me up.
d.

60. Posted Oct 18, 2005, 12:11 PM ET by Andrew

What the hell is wrong with you people? It's a bleeding power supply. The console goes on the floor or in a cabinet. The power supply goes on the floor or in the cabinet behind it. What is the big deal? It's not hanging off, you bunch of whining morons. Blah blah blah wah wah wah why couldn't they put it inside? Because the console would be that much bloody BIGGER, and you're the freaking idiots who bitched and moaned about the first Xbox being so big in the god damn first place.

If the AC adapter, of all things, is going to stop you from buying an Xbox 360, then you're likely too bloody stupid to use the console in the first place.

Honestly. The AC adapter's going to @#@# up the feng shui arrangement of your gaming environment? @#$@# off.


62. Posted Oct 18, 2005, 1:50 PM ET by Walter

Andrew... the pills aren't working... calm down.


67. Posted Oct 18, 2005, 6:11 PM ET by Jeramy

woah, my xbox 360 also comes with an air-cooled tolberone holder? sweet.


29. Posted Oct 18, 2005, 8:01 AM ET by kjartan

I don't see what the big deal is....It's a power supply....It's going to be hidden behind your TV. The size of the PSU isn't going to hinder how much fun you have playing games.


That last one was the *smartest* thing anyone said. It's true...it won't hinder my enjoyment of the system. If I have to lug it anywhere (which I hardly have to since any multiplayer gaming usually takes place where I AM) it'd still fit in a backback :) Ah I love the smell of internet flame wars in the morning!

No comments: