Friday, March 25, 2005

It's Good Friday...so here are some C.S. Lewis quotes that are my favorites in honorarium of Easter 2005. Hard to believe it was two thousand and five years ago when Christ was walking the Earth.

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

"What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing; it also depends on what kind of a person you are"

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world"

"The real problem is not why some pious, humble, believing people suffer, but why some do not."

"If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this."

"Faith... is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods."

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."

"Nothing that you have not given away will ever be really yours."

*** "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ***

"The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before. That's the deal."

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world"

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one!"

Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.

No comments: