Monday, July 21, 2003

"Summer Lovin' Had Me a Blast" (This was a post from my livejournal account. I dislike their interface, so I've switched to Blogger! Just postin' this one up cuz it was a little lengthy and I didn't want it wasted.)

Well here we are again! I always love summer. It's such a hectic time, full of so many things to do, and so many people to see that I hardly ever think I'll get to do all of what I want. And usually that's just the case. So far it's been a pretty stressful summer.

I'm back at my internship again, American International Group, and American International Underwriters. Such a great internship. I get paid to do things that I love. I work half the time in Parsippany here in NJ, and the other half I'm in the corporate offices on Wall St. Most everyone remembered me from last summer and it was quite a warm welcome from all who did. If things go well I'll probably get a job right out of college with them. I can't tell you how grateful I'd be. It was nice because the internship didn't start until June 3rd so I had about a month to relax after this hectic semester. Speaking of which this semester went amazingly. First time I've ever pulled straight A's and made Dean's List. Guess all those consecutive all nighters paid off eh? Got 3 certifications this year too, and at the rate I'm going I could start off with a very healthy entry salary. One can only hope...

Had plenty of time to hang out with my niece and nephew and that was something sorely missed this year. The more time I spend at college with friends, the more I realize how important my friends and family really are to me. Dad just recently had a serious surgery. He had found out a few clusters of major arteries were 80% blocked so he had the major aortae worked on. He's still got another one coming in a month for another group. I really hope it solves some of his health problems.

Went camping over the 4th of July. What a great weekend with the exception of one person who came ::sigh::. Got to know everyone a lot better which is hard to believe there's still so much to them after I've known them all for so long. We scaled this huge mountain from down in the valley, crawling under electrified wires, and ending up on top of a huge railroad bridge going through the valley. Breathtaking. I've been working like a madman this summer which is part of the reason I haven't gotten to do everything I've really wanted to. Big things on my list this summer were:

1) Go see Rent in NYC
2) Linkin' Park Concert, or Lollapalooze (Or Dream Theater!)
3) Beach
4) Road trip to AC
5) Get an Ipod

So 2 out of 5 isn't bad for so far, with 2 more planned.

Otherwise summer's a little different this year, it's weird that friends of mine have just graduated from college. Seems like yesterday that we were all still in hs and they were graduating as seniors there. Junior year really did fly, but I had so much fun, and for the first time I really look forward to going back to Syracuse. I had thought the prospect of seeing my ex would be bothersome, but I could really care less because after seeing her multiple times this spring in passing I found it really had no effect on me. Figures since I've seen her fiance just about every day this school year lol. La vie boheme hehehe. As I always say: Today for you, tommorrow for me. Dating scene's been awesome this summer, record numbers flying in all over the place lol. Meeting so many new people, and I'm glad I'm not tied down in that relationship anymore. Can't wait to get down to LBI in August. Some girls I met there from 3 years ago are going to be down the same week. Boo-yah. :) Time for a shower, lifting makes Pete sore, and a sore Pete is a grumpy Pete.

Take these broken wings
And learn to fly again
Learn to live so free
When we hear the voices sing
The book of love will open up
And let us in
Take these broken wings...

No comments: