Friday, July 25, 2003

Yikes! Stripes! Fruit Striped Gum!

Anbody remember THAT stuff? Geesh...we had some weird products in our childhood I'll tell ya. If you're feeling nostalgic try visiting Yesterdayland , it's a website devoted to the past liek 60-70 decades. Everything you remember having, playing with, watching, and doing is pretty well summarized there.

Well this week sure has gone fast. This summer hasn't been so bad concerning the Mundays. I haven't really been unhappy to go to work on a Monday yet. Last summer by this point I was just aching to get back to school and stop working. Now I'm enjoying going to work. This time next year I might be here as a hired employee! I'll be receiving salary...woah...weird!

Guess it's a good sign to be enjoying my work, I guess it shows that I'm prepared to enter the "REAL WORLD" OOOOOOOOOOH AHHHHHHHHHH EEEEEEEK. I never really get that. I mean yeah a lot of us will be graduating this year, but I mean come on, we'll most likely still be living with our families for a year at least. You won't be completely independant and out there on your own JUST yet lol. I know I plan on staying home for at least 2 years to get myself a bit settled. I think I'm going to work my ass off on overtime next spring/summer and get my loans paid off as fast as I can. God bless my grandmother, God rest her soul, for what she left me in her will. I had never known but apparently I was her favorite grandchild out of like the 32 of us. I do bear the name of her husband, and I did see her quite frequently. I pray none of you ever has to have a loved one living at their house their last dying days. Last dying days...she was with us for 2 years ::sigh:: That seems like so long ago now, but it was 1993. Things were so much different then... My sister didn't have ANY kids; I was just a kid myself. Every winter when Mother wears that fur coat, I can't help but remember it was my grandmother's coat too. Memories of rides to Christmas Eve mass in the backseat of the car rush back in. I hope that she's happy though, and with all those that left before her.

I always get to wondering if I'll meet all of the grandparents I never knew. My Mother's mother was the only grandparent I ever had. Being born late has its advantages. Sure I don't get cracked down on as hard as my brother and sister were. Any mistakes my parents made with them aren't made on me either lol. I've got like a second set of parents in Fred and Doreen, and I'm lucky enough to be an uncle to two wonderful kids. I hope I'm as good a parent as my sister one day. Then again I can rest assured that my kids will have a wonderful aunt. That's so weird to think about even. My sister and brother will be my children's aunt and uncle. It's like taking the whole generation we have right now, (my immediate nuclear family) and shifting it down a generation. Can I even see Peter in 10 years? Who will he be with? Where will he work? Live? But he's only 21, and he can't see that far into the future.

Sometimes I envy my brother and sister. They knew our grandparents. Not for too long, but they have a memory of them at all. I hope I one day meet my great grandfather. Apparently he's the one I take after the most. I've seen a picture of him where it's the entire family sitting at a picnic somewhere in Brooklyn. It's strange the locale seems so out of place; they're in some kind of grotto of foilage. There's everyone else, pretty miniscule in size, and the one man, massive and distinguished. I definitely get my size from him. Everyone else are short in stature. I wonder if they look down on me, and what advice they'd offer, could I speak to them.

Went to Cryan's last night. What a great place that is. It's like a mini-high school reunion every time we go. Found a new and amazing drink (well new to me anyways.) Dr. Pepper. No, not the soda. Those will definitely help me get on my way this Saturday night ;P Which is the eve of Andrew's next Rutgers party. Whoooo. Tonight we're hittin' up Clydes, this awesome Martini bar in New Brunswick. Can't wait for that. Today couldn't go faster :D I'm really enjoying the middle to tail-end of this summer. It's ridiculous how little time I have to myself really but I dont' think I'd have it any other way. I'm definitely not getting a surplus of sleep this summer, but as a matter of fact that doesn't bother me. I'm really looking forward to Lindsay's in August. She has us down to her shore house every year the first weekend in August. It's like a relaxing weekend for me and a chance to start up a base tan for our week down the shore. LBI I can hear you calling already. We're going to Atlantic City the night before to visit Tammy since she's only 20 mins away from Lindsay's. I've never been, should be fun.

Ugh I think these phones here need relative voice volume control. The last guy who called was definitely screaming. "HEWWOO INEED HEWP WITH MY COMPUTERRRRRRRR!"

WOAH WOAH WOAH EASY on the EARS there Chewbacca! I'm bleeding from the ears Pachino! Although I think it annoys me more when they speak too softly. I feel like I'm being molested via telephone. I think I'll go put in a harassment claim now.

No comments: