Thursday, July 15, 2004

Twinkle Twinkle Toys R Us

Hush little baby, don't say a word
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird.
And if that mockingbird don't sing
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring.
And if that diamond ring turns brass
Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass...

Wrote this song? The WTO? It's like a primer on consumerism. Nothing like exposing kids to positive, empowering messages like "Keep screaming and I'll buy you crap."
Oh yeah and lets talk about something else too.

I get spam.

Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:04:31 +0400
From: alfernandezov@alderwild.com
Subject: These XXX pics are so hot you will regret not looking at them!!


Wow. I can only imagine.

Dr. Wallace: I believe we're ready, Dr. Yorn. Would you like to make the first incision?

Dr. Yorn: Hmm?

Doctor Wallace: The first incision, doctor?

Dr. Yorn: The -- oh, yes. Yes yes, right. Uh, let's see ... where's my scalpel? Oh, I'm holding it, hah hah.

Dr. Wallace: If you don't mind me saying so, your head doesn't really seem to be in the game today, Dr. Yorn. Are you okay?

Dr. Yorn: Oh, I'm fine, I guess. It's just ... I got an email this morning with some XXX pics, and, well, I deleted it unread. And now I kind of regret not looking at them, you know?

Dr. Wallace: The ones from alfernandezov at alderwild dot com?

Dr. Yorn: Yes, exactly!

Dr. Wallace: I got that email too. Oh man -- you missed out, bro. Those XXX pics were so hot.

Dr. Yorn: Damn it!

::sigh::

In other amazing news there are those who are better text-messagers than me:

World texting record
A Singaporean woman has set a world record for mobile-phone texting, keying in the benchmark phrase (below) in 43.24 seconds, without the benefit of any predictive text utilities.

"The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human."

You go Singapore!

Ok I love Tolkien but some geeks have taken it too far...

F3ll0wsh1p of teh R1ng: the classic Tolkien translated into hacker 1337-speak.

[At Bilbo's 111th Birthday]
Merry: "Omg, I pwn"
Pippin: "Sif, I pwn"
**Rocket goes off
Gandalf: "Pwned!"

Top-ten Untranslateables

Here's a great census of the ten most untranslateable foreign and English words:

1 plenipotentiary
2 gobbledegook
3 serendipity
4 poppycock
5 googly
6 Spam
7 whimsy
8 bumf
9 chuffed
10 kitsch

Found this site the other day too www.coffeegeek.com
Never knew there was stuff made for coffee like this lol.

Alice In Wonderland Flashbook

OMG I almost peed myself. OfficeSpaceWars

Two mirrors of that cuz who knows how long they'll be hosted....:

http://freecache.org/http://stuff.ebnj.net/OfficeSpaceWars.wmv
http://freecache.org/http://www.tian.cc

THIS is a mad messed up story:

A student's scarlet letter
A student at at a Japanese high school dozed off in class last week. As punishment, his teacher made him write an apology letter.... in his own blood. Later, the teacher confessed to the principal. It gets even stranger. According to the principal, quoted in this Reuters article, the other faculty in the room didn't notice when the boy was handed a box cutter. Apparently, they didn't see him cut his own finger open and start writing either. Even more suspicious is that the teacher will be back at work in a few days and neither the boy nor his parents has asked for a transfer into a different class. Link

Wacky Japanese.

10 minutes and it's payday! BOOYAH. Looks like we're going to Dorney Park on Sunday too. HOTT since the last amusement park I went to (besides Fantasy Island at LBI which I don't get to go on any of the stuff there anyways, just the kids lol) was Busch Gardens down in Virginia in 2000 on our senior class trip. I'm looking forward to that.

In recent doings I've just been working all week. Saw Jess last night and we went out for dinner and then watched a dvd. Nice relaxing night after a very stressful day.

No comments: